Friday, December 16, 2005

Woody Allen Slams President Bush While Praising Bill Clinton

I’m not one to take political advice from Hollywood celebrities (I do not believe any one should), especially washed-up ones like director/writer/actor Woody Allen, but some times reading their comments on the current political environment brings a little joy to your morning.

Take a gander at what Woody had to say about President Bill Clinton …

“I always liked Bill Clinton. I campaigned for him before he was first elected President, and always regarded the Monica Lewinsky thing as laughable evidence of a prudish population and thought the whole thing was totally absurd, and that he was very smart and would have—if he ran today, he’d be elected in a landslide.”

Is anyone else as surprised as I am that Woody Allen would find a sex scandal ‘laughable’? I didn’t think so. And of course his strategy was smart – deny, deny, deny – then backpedal like Hell when Hillary bitch slaps you one night to confess. How could anyone forget that huge bruise on his cheek?

Thank you Woody! I needed that pick-me-up this morning.