Thursday, August 11, 2005

Closing of a Chapter ... The Moose Hole (2002 - 2005)

This has to be one of the toughest decisions I have had to make in the last few years but I have finally come to the decision to partially-abandon The Moose Hole website. The Moose Hole was, for the past two years, the site I used to publish reviews of past and present feature films and I had a lot of fun working on it during that time. I am quite the movie junkie so working on this website went far beyond the level of a mere hobby, bordering quite possibly on obsession, but in a good way. Sadly, with college, work, and, surprisingly, a growing personal life, time spent on the site has been dwindling down to the point that it no longer made sense for me to waste time on it. I say I will “partially abandon” the site because The Moose Hole will continue to exist in some form or another on this weblog. At the current moment I have no idea what form it will take but I hope to place the archive of reviews as well as a number of pages (DVD Depot, The Screening Room, etc.) and place them here. It was fun while it lasted and I hope in the near future to resurrect the site if I can but for right now I want to concentrate my efforts on this weblog and the political possibilities for me it may entail in the near future.

With that being said, I have taken the liberty of updating the DVD Depot with a few minor additions, including The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, House of Wax (2005), and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I would also like to remind visitors that Robert Rodriguez’s dazzling spectacle Sin City comes to DVD next week (bare bones edition only, but a two-disc special edition is expected to announced in a month or two) and is still available for pre-order through the site. Simply click on the cover art below or visit the DVD Depot for more options.